[texworks] Beginners' needs (was: Lua scripting)

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Thu Jun 18 00:18:36 CEST 2009

Reinhard Kotucha a écrit :
> Similarly, I don't think that a document describing different TeX
> dialects should be part of the TeXworks distribution.  People have to
> read it *before* they install anything.  And it's not related to
> TeXworks at all.  People also don't install TeX Live if they don't
> know what it's good for.

I don't agree. This is related to texworks because you have to select the
typesetting mode (pdftex, pdflatex, xelatex, etc) and most users won't worry
about this before they actually have to select it.

And, as a general rule, I don't think help documents should be available before
install xor after install, but both before and after.

Best,
Manuel.