[texworks] Lua scripting

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Sun Jun 14 12:17:24 CEST 2009

Bruno Voisin wrote:
> Le 14 juin 09 ? 00:11, J?rome Laurens a ?crit :

> That's a rather rude thing to say.

i didn't say that but anyway we should keep in mind that most users (and
esp new tex users) will run some stock distribution (tex live, or some
package that ships with the os)

in fact, as texworks will probably ship as a package there might be less
dagner in it than in people sharing documents and styles as one can
misuse tex macros to overwrite files, and run programs (if immediate
write 18 is enabled; one can nowadays restict write 18 but even then
clever tex programming could probably get around it); as tex work is
open source one can even imagine texworks being patched to contains
viruses .. it will never be a safe world

Hans