[texworks] Building TeXworks on Windows using MinGW (was: Running on Windows XP)

T T t34www at googlemail.com
Sun Jun 14 02:08:26 CEST 2009

On 13/06/2009, T T <t34www at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Now, I followed all the steps and also further directions from this
> thread and I managed to compile something (not yet sure what) but it
> doesn't work. When I start texworks.exe (release version) it
> complaints about missing dlls. I have copied the ones I could find but
> I don't see libxml2.dll anywhere.

OK, I added libxml2.dll and also iconv.dll was needed (both from KDE)
but now I get the following error when starting TeXworks:

The procedure entry point _ZN8QPPaiter9drawImageERK7QPointFRK6QImage
could not be located in the dynamic link library QtGui4.dll.

Aren't those KDE libs supposed to work? I chose the ones for mingw in
KDE installer. I'm stuck :(

Tomek