[texworks] TeXworks Windows available

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Sat Jun 13 14:21:55 CEST 2009

Hi Jonathan,

> No, but if you discard the contents of the dirs (leaving them empty, but
> not deleting them altogether), they won't be recreated. (Or in other
> words, yes, you can prevent this -- by creating empty placeholder
> directories before running TW.)

ok, works fine

> BTW, do you end up with left-over temporary files in those dirs, as well
> as the "real" ones that it puts there? That seems to be a Qt problem on
> Windows, at least in some cases, but I haven't gotten to the bottom of it.

indeed there remain qt_ files

>> is there a way to turn off the yellow background of the currently
>> edited line?
>
> No, sorry. So you don't like this? I find it helpful to keep track of
> where the insertion point is, in the midst of a large window of text. I
> guess it could be made a preference option.

making it an options sounds fine to me; currently it somehow distracts
and kind of visually interferes with the normal syntax highlighting

i admit that locating the cursor is somewhat problematic on a high res
screen (maybe making the cursor a bit thicker helps)

btw, the windows versions mentions version 0.0.0 but i think that
texworks is by now good enough to get a real number

Hans