[texworks] actions.ini

Alain Delmotte alain.delmotte at leliseron.org
Thu Jun 11 18:14:58 CEST 2009

Hello!

Stefan did solve the problem of loading an action file under Windows.
Having a file actions.ini in your configuration folder with a content like:
==================
actionOpen = Ctrl+1
actionAbout_TW = Alt+k
actionBalance_Delimiters = F9
==================
allows to do [Ctrl+1] to open the "Open" dialog box, do [F9] to apply
"Balance delimiters",...
The list of actions are in the file actions.txt (see issue Issue 17 in
texworks: wish-list: create own keyboard shortcuts)
This allows to customize the keyboards shortcuts to adapt according to
your taste and your system.

You also have to add:
shortcutsMapFile=C:/adel/TeXworks/TUG/actions.ini   (adjust for your path)
in the file TeXworks.ini in the section [General]

But before to put the executable (r.306) on my site I'd like to know
where the two buttons on the right are coming from?
This is for Search and Replace.
Before they didn't exist. Jonathan?
(surely not me, I am unable to create that!! :-((( )
(see attached picture)

It is beginning to be very easy to use TeXworks (from beginner's point
of view, without complications) to expert (with Lua, it will be fantastic).

Alain