[texworks] Custom shortcuts are not working

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 17:31:57 CEST 2009

Hi again,

I finally booted into my Windows partition again and tried out all the
things that recently caused problems. I'm happy to announce that I found
solutions ;).

On 2009-06-09 11:06, Alain Delmotte wrote:
> Stefan Löffler a écrit :
>>  * Could you do the following:
>>    Create a file C:\actions-test.ini containing the one line
>>    actionOpen = Ctrl+1
>>    Then edit your TeXworks.conf and put the following line
>>    shortcutsMapFile=C:/actions-test.ini
>>    right under the line
>>    [General]
>>    (and make sure there's no other line starting with shortcutsMapFile)
>>    Then save the file, run TW, and press Ctrl 1, which should bring up
>> the open dialog. If it doesn't we need to get into more debugging.
>>
> Done!
> Doesn't work.
> My actions.ini is now:
> actionOpen = Ctrl+1
> actionAbout_TW = Alt+,
> actionBalance_Delimiters = F9
> but none works and I tried with only the first line.

Should finally be fixed by the new patch I just posted on google code
(http://code.google.com/p/texworks/issues/detail?id=17#c11). The problem
was that parts of old code were used that only looked in the registry
for configuration options and hence the custom shortcut files were never
found.

-Stefan