[texworks] Lua scripting

Jonathan Kew jfkthame at googlemail.com
Sun Jun 7 16:03:40 CEST 2009

Hi Stefan,

I saw this patch -- very cool indeed! I'll try to experiment with it
soon, though it may take some effort to get it building on OS X and
Windows; should be possible though.

One question I've been considering, and still feel undecided about, is
whether it's preferable to use Lua as a scripting language (partly
because it is the currently-favoured language in the TeX world), or to
use the JavaScript-like QtScript, which might have a lot more
functionality already built into the Qt frameworks. Of course, by
actually coming up with a patch you may have pretty much settled that
question! :)

Many thanks,

Jonathan