[texworks] A note on shortcuts and variables

Thomas Floeren thomas.floeren at boschung.com
Wed Apr 15 15:31:47 CEST 2009

Rasmus Pank Roulund <> wrote:
> "Thomas Floeren"
> <thomas.floeren at boschung.com> writes:
>
>> I think it's *not* a good idea to implement this
>> one-button-commenting/uncommenting.  Often you want to temporarily
>> comment blocks which contain already a few commented lines; with the
>> "play-pause"-behavior these lines would be uncommented, forcing you
>> to recomment them 'manually'.  I often have this annoyance in Scite
>> with ctrl-Q.
>
> Sorry, I hit send the previous messaged by accident.
>
> It does not have to be as you suggest. E.g. the behaviour could be
> like
>
> Before commenting:
>   This line in not commented
>   % This line is commented
>
> After commenting
>   % This line is not commented
>   % % This line is commented.
>
> And back again:
>   This line in not commented
>   % This line is commented
>
> Cheers,
> Rasmus

In your example with 50% of the lines commented the comment toggle is
force-commenting. But is this what I want?
Example:

   %\startextrule
   blabla
   blabla
   %%% refs??
   %\stoptextrule

   bla

   %\starttextrule
   blabla
   %\stoptextrule

   blablabla

I may want to comment the whole block or just reactivate the textrules.
Hitting a comment toggle as you described above would always comment the whole
block.

So, I clearly prefere to have the ability to decide myself if to comment or to
uncomment.

Greetings,
Thomas

MARCEL BOSCHUNG SA