[texworks] Help for beginners

David Perry hospes.primus at verizon.net
Sun Apr 12 17:38:29 CEST 2009

I noticed in Alain's reply to the recent Regex thread that he has a
website http://www.leliseron.org/texworks .  I found there the very
useful manual as well as a recent Windows binary.  It would have been
helpful for me to have had those resources when I began learning
(Xe)Tex, using TeXworks.  If appropriate, it would be benefit new folks
if there were a link to Alain's site on the XeTeX page at TUGboat and/or
the download page at Google code.

I've begun compiling my notes into a tutorial about using XeTeX and
TeXworks, focusing on how to use Unicode, multilingual documents, and
OpenType features.  Some people (like me) will be drawn to XeTeX because
they need these features in particular.  Fortunately most of what I have
written does not duplicate Alain's material.  I'll email the list when
it's in more complete shape.

David