[texworks] hunspell

Hagen Mölle h.moelle at fzd.de
Thu Apr 2 15:32:45 CEST 2009

Hi,

I am using Texworks for two days now. Then I realized it would be nice
to load multiple dictionaries. Therefore I searched the source code of
Texworks to implement this feature. I found out that Texworks is using
hunspell to load the dictionaries which are located in
"/usr/share/myspell/dicts". Then I searched the hunspell interface for
adding additional dictionaries. Texworks is using the C interface for
hunspell (hunspell.h) which makes it hard to add additional
dictionaries. Using the C++ interface of hunspell (hunspell.hxx),
implementation of the new feature would be fairly easy. I think
replacing the C interface is no big work since dependencies in source
code are small.

Is there any argument against the C++ interface?

Thanks for help,

Hagen Mölle