[texworks] integrating TeX Works into TeX Live

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Tue Mar 10 11:22:44 CET 2009

Hi Jonathan, hi all,

I want to integrate TeX Works into TeX Live, so that users at least on
Windows (maybe Apple) can opt to install TeX Works and it should work
out of the box.

The idea is that we prepare a zip/tar.lzma on the TL distribution
(tlnet/CTAN) and the installer downloads that one into
	..../texlive/TeXworks
where the installation is in
	..../texlive/2008

Hee is now my question: Is there a way to change the default
settings/paths for TeX Works, so that new users don't have to go into
the configure dialog?

I thought about dropping some .ini/.conf/.whatever file into the
directory where the binary is present. Currently TeX Works seems to use
	~/.config/TUG/TeXworks.conf
and
	~/.TeXworks/...

In the former file there we could simply write on installation time
	binaryPaths=Our_Installation_Path, other predefined pathes
Anything else probably would work immediately (not tested).

Please let me know if you have any other suggestion or idea!

Thanks a lot and all the best

Norbert