[texworks] BIDI Support for TeXworks (please reply)

Jonathan Kew jonathan at jfkew.plus.com
Fri Feb 27 15:02:20 CET 2009

On 27 Feb 2009, at 13:52, VAFA KHALIGHI wrote:

> Is there any plan to add bidi support for TeXWorks?

I'd like to, and have experimented a bit with it, but was having
trouble getting consistent behavior in the editor across all
platforms; I think there are some issues with QTextEdit and layout
direction, and I didn't have time to resolve it all yet.

See also http://code.google.com/p/texworks/issues/detail?id=48, but
note that I think Khaled was only concerned with Linux and did not
look into bidi issues on Windows or OS X.

A first step would be to add a "primary text direction" option (I
suspect that attempting to set the line direction automatically can be
tricky for TeX material, and could get quite confusing). That seems
easy to do in principle, but making it work consistently across the
platforms may be harder.

JK