[texworks] Building TeXworks on WinXP

Alain Delmotte esperanto at swing.be
Fri Jan 23 22:12:04 CET 2009

Hi,

Good news: I completely reinstalled MSVC++ Express with the 2005 version
and followed the instructions you gave.
I managed to compile TeXworks and the copy of the files to my portable
did also work.

(NB. still the same 2 missing files)

Thanks for the work,

Alain

Perhaps some comments:

Stefan Löffler a écrit :
> Unfortunately Setting up
> VC++ 2005 Express is a little more complicated than setting up the
> latest version.

Yes it is!! :-)

> = Obtaining the necessary libraries from KDE on Windows =
>
> !TeXworks depends on several external libraries, most notably Qt and Poppler. You can obtain most of the needed dependencies from [http://windows.kde.org/ the KDE on Windows project]. See their [http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/KDE_on_Windows/Installation#Summary_of_Steps summary of steps]
> for further information.
>
> Download and run the installer. Choose the following options when asked:
>   * Installation Directory: Choose a path *not containing spaces or special characters* (i.e. C:\KDE).

In fact one could say: *not containing space or special characters (this
includes accented characters), so only pure ASCII characters*,

>   * Install Mode: Package Manager
>   * Compiler Mode: MSVC
> _Note: You need administrator's privileges to install some of the packages._

.../...
> In order to build !TeXworks you have to modify C:\texworks\texworks-read-only\TeXworks.pro to reflect your local configuration. Find the lines reading
> {{{
> 	INCLUDEPATH += z:/cross-tools/usr/local/include
> 	INCLUDEPATH += z:/cross-tools/usr/local/include/poppler
> 	INCLUDEPATH += z:/cross-tools/usr/local/include/poppler/qt4
> 	INCLUDEPATH += z:/cross-tools/usr/local/include/hunspell
>
> 	LIBS += -Lz:/cross-tools/usr/local/lib
> 	LIBS += -lpoppler-qt4
> 	LIBS += -lpoppler
> 	LIBS += -lfreetype
> 	LIBS += -lhunspell-1.2
> 	LIBS += -lz
> }}}
> and replace them by

I am not sure here that you should not use the \ in place of /, that is
what I did, ex.: C:\KDE\include\poppler\qt4