[texworks] Basic LaTeX documents/article.tex not compiling cleanly

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 14:10:26 CET 2009

Hi,

On 2009-01-12 20:48, Dave Crossland wrote:
> Thanks Edd and Jonathan for your earlier help today :-)
>
> Using Fedora 10's TeXLive, the
> "texworks-read-only/res/resfiles/templates/Basic LaTeX
> documents/article.tex" example doesn't compile cleanly; the errors are
> non-fatal - hitting return at the error prompt allows it to compile
> okay - and commenting out these 3 lines that are the problem (thanks
> to the first) doesn't effect the appearance of the output.
>
> \usepackage[titles]{tocloft} % Alter the style of the Table of Contents
> \renewcommand{\cftsecfont}{\rmfamily\mdseries\upshape}
> \renewcommand{\cftsecpagefont}{\rmfamily\mdseries\upshape} % No bold!
>
> A log is attached.

I opened a new issue
(http://code.google.com/p/texworks/issues/detail?id=99) and attached a
patch for this. The solution I found on the internet is to pass the
"subfigure" option to the tocloft.

I also checked the other templates but most of them compiled fine. I
only had some font problems for the beamer templates and the xelatex
template. This may be a problem with my installation, though (I
experienced similar problems before). Could someone check those templates?