[texworks] Error when building texworks r252

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 19:22:16 CET 2009

On 2009-01-07 18:48, Martin Sievers wrote:
> when trying to build the latest release (252) for Ubuntu, I get the
> following error:
> src/TWApp.cpp: In member function »void TWApp::init()«:
> src/TWApp.cpp:88: Fehler: »setDefaultFormat« ist kein Element von
> »QSettings«
> make: *** [obj/TWApp.o] Fehler 1
>
> Translation: Error: "setDefaultFormat" is no element of "QSettings"
>
> Everything went fine with with release 247. Anyone an idea what goes
> wrong here? Thank you.

Hi,

This was inadvertently introduced in r249 which implements a portable
mode for TeXworks. The function producing your error was added in Qt 4.4
(I guess you have a pre-4.4 version). I've posted a patch at
http://code.google.com/p/texworks/issues/detail?id=95 that should solve
this problem. (It's not in the svn repository yet but you can try it out
by downloading issue-95-disable-portability-for-older-qt.diff to your
texworks src/ directory and then executing `patch <
issue-95-disable-portability-for-older-qt.diff`)

HTH