[texworks] selecting multiple languages for spell checking

Peter Wüsten peter.wuesten at gmx.de
Thu Dec 4 09:25:50 CET 2008

Jonathan Kew wrote:
> On 4 Dec 2008, at 15:34, Dohyun Kim wrote:
>
>> [...] Hunspell's command line utility provides an option
>> for selecting multiple dictionaries simultaneously.
>> (-d dict1,dict2,dict3...)
>> [...]
>
> Right, there is not currently any support for this. I can see that it
> could be useful, though it also has some risk of
> complicating/confusing the interface, so it would need some careful
> thought.
How about automating switches in spellchecking languages? The main
language would be chosen as is; the selection of additional dictionaries
could be triggered by the corresponding markup command: e.g.
\language{german} in Latex, \language[de] in Context, etc. There could
be something like %language=de for cases where the language-switching
command is masked by some other package.

Just an idea that would keep things easy to use and leave the interface
uncluttered.

Cheers,

Peter Wuesten