[texworks] Draft of the manual (in French)

Joseph Wright joseph.wright at morningstar2.co.uk
Sun Nov 30 17:37:51 CET 2008

Hello Alain,

I've read the guide through quickly.  You seem to have done a pretty
good job of covering the main key points.

A few things I'd alter:
- The discussion of TeX distributions is slightly out of date.  I'd
point to TeXLive for Linux, and mention teTeX as an older alternative.
I'd also recommend MiKTeX directly on the PC.  If you are using
TeXWorks, then the extra bits in ProTeX are not useful.
- I'd move the downloading text above the "Sous Windows" section title.
- I'd make the example on p. 6 a full document
- On p. 8, I thin "HP_Propriétaire" should be replaced by <votre-nom>
- I'd be tempted to give working examples for the detail in 4.5, for
example:
% !TeX encoding = utf8 %% encodage

If you want an English proof reader I'd be happy to have a look (my
French is only good enough for the concepts, not the detail).  I could
probably manage a translation-of-sorts, if you're happy for the ideas to
be translated rather than the text!
--
Joseph Wright