[texworks] Some comments

Jonathan Kew jonathan at jfkew.plus.com
Sun Nov 30 01:07:08 CET 2008

On 30 Nov 2008, at 06:38, Alain Delmotte wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Playing around in TeXworks (working the manuel,...)
>
> 1) The Ctrl+Clic for forward and inverse searches is not symetrical:
> Ctrl+Clic in the source moves the focus to the view at the right place
> Ctrl+Clic in the view shows the corresponding text in the source,
> but the focus is still in the view
> Is it normal? Reasons?
>
> It would also be nice to have the same by keyboard shortcut, without
> the mouse!!

But without the mouse, how will it know what specific location to
search for? I suppose source->PDF could sync to the location of the
current selection, but what about PDF->source?

> 2) I think I did see underlined letters in the Search/Replace dialog
> box (on one of my machines) but now I cann't reproduce that!!!!!

I think they're supposed to appear when you hold down the Alt key (or
is it Ctrl?), but I don't run Windows enough to really know what is
expected. I haven't done anything special to support them but I
thought Qt did this automatically.

BTW, there are probably lots of commands that don't have any
accelerator keys defined (because I'm not accustomed to using them),
so suggestions of what should be added are welcome. (Also note that
these can be changed during localization.)

> Windows is very strange!

True! :-)

> 3) I would appreciate it if the system was remembering the size and
> position of the source and view windows; but I can live with the
> actual system.

Yes, I intend to do this. One issue to keep in mind is that when
they're re-opened, the screen may not be the same size any more, so we
need to make sure they're not off-screen and inaccessible!

JK