[texworks] Miscellaneous thoughts/ides/comments

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Nov 26 14:33:22 CET 2008

On Nov 26, 2008, at 4:27 AM, Edd Barrett wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As requested, I will "give feedback on what's good, what's bad,
> what's broken.
>
> Whilst using texworks, some ideas/comments:
>
> a) Great work on the tab completion, very well implemented.
> b) Shortcut keys for the 'show' menu items?
> d) svn/cvs supports (in the distant future)
> e) The outline becomes confused when I put \[sub[sub]]section in my
> own macros and use them later. Proably no way .around that?
> f) Remember the last PDF tool used. I don't use the magnifier much
> atall, mostly the grabber.
>

> Thanks
>
> --
>
> Best Regards
>
> Edd

Howdy,

The tw-latex.txt file, found in ~/Library/TeXworks/completion/ on Mac
but I don't know where on other platforms, can be edited in any UTF-8
text editor so that the output from completion is what you want; just
replace the extra #RET# after the \item.

It's pretty obvious how the commands are structured. Not that many
commands have multiple variations (starred variants, variable number
of option arguments) and the order in the file makes a difference
since the file is searched from top down. Also notice that there are
duplicates with and without leading `\' since that may be needed as a
delimiter.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)