[texworks] Trouble with auto-pst-pdf

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 07:42:33 CET 2008

On 26/11/2008, at 3:54 PM, Iwan Setyawan wrote:
> OK, I'll try it  later today when i'm in front of my windows box. I
> take it that 'ls' is the *nix command 'ls'? Should I try this only
> under Cygwin then?

If you're using Windows without Cygwin, try 'dir' instead, I suppose.
It's just to see if the shell-escape is actually working -- it doesn't
matter what command it is.
> Regarding the 2nd line of the original example (i.e, NOTUSING
> WINDOWS): as I said in my original post, I also get NOTUSING WINDOWS
> when I typeset the example from both TeXworks *and* windows command
> prompt. In these cases, shouldn't the output say USING WINDOWS?

You could consider this a bug of the ifplatform package, I suppose. It
detects the platform by analysing the side-effects of the shell; if
you're using Cygwin, then the shell behaves like a *NIX shell.

Will