[texworks] Trouble with auto-pst-pdf

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 05:07:16 CET 2008

On 25/11/2008, at 9:55 PM, Iwan Setyawan wrote:

> I've tried typesetting the example from within TeXworks, from the
> command prompt and from the Cygwin bash shell. All produce the same
> result:
> SHELL ESCAPE OFF
> NOTUSING WINDOWS
>
> I'm not sure about the first line... but the second line sounds
> wrong... :)

Actually, as far as ifplatform is concerned, "Cygwin" isn't counted as
being Windows. Which is a bit confusing, but there you go.

The shell escape part is more worrying. Try this:

\documentclass[12pt]{article}
\begin{document}
\immediate\write18{ls}
\end{document}

No PDF should be produced, but the console output should contain the
results of "ls". If you don't see that, then shell escape isn't active
for you; if you *do* see it, then there's a problem with my package.

Let me know :)

Cheers,
Will