[texworks] new binaries for Windows and Mac OS X

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at me.com
Tue Oct 28 01:46:05 CET 2008

Le 27 oct. 08 à 17:33, Bruno Voisin a écrit :

> So when the region is United States, corresponding to
> LANG=en_US.UTF-8, the TeXworks locale is indeed defined through
> TeXworks' preferences. But when the region format is France,
> TeXworks' preference is ignored.

Switching the settings back to normal, I'm realizing of course that
things are a bit more complicated: the available regions vary
according to the preferred language.

For example, when English is the preferred language the available
regions (after closing System Preferences then re-opening it) are
Australia, UK, US etc., but not France. And when French is the
preferred language the available regions are Belgium, Switzerland,
France etc., but not US.

So the situation in which I was (language English and region France)
was idiosyncratic, resulted from experimentation and should not occur
in practice (Murphy's law notwithstanding).

Bruno