[texworks] new binaries for Windows and Mac OS X

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at me.com
Mon Oct 27 16:43:32 CET 2008

On 27 oct. 08, at 06:25, Jonathan Kew wrote:

> On 26 Oct 2008, at 11:44 PM, Bruno Voisin wrote:
>
>> Just installed it. Works fine, except for syntax coloring which is
>> completely absent. Is this expected?
>>
>> I tried to move away TeXworks' Mac OS X preference file
>> org.tug.TeXworks.plist and restart TeXworks. That doesn't solve the
>> problem.
>>

> Try removing the TeXworks folder in ~/Library, so that it gets
> recreated with default contents. If you have an older configuration
> file there that predates the configurable syntax coloring, then it
> won't have any settings for this.

I tried that, but the problem was still there.

What finally solved it was: going to Preferences > Editor > Syntax
Coloring, switching from LaTeX to None, restarting TeXworks, switching
the same pref back from None to LaTeX, and whoops: LaTeX syntax
coloring is here again.

There seems to be problems with the French localization though: after
installing this new binary, I had menus partly in French and in
English; realized Preferences > General > Interface Locale was
English; set it to French; now the menus are totally in French; tried
to set Interface Locale back to English again; no effect, the menus
are still in French; went to System Preferences > International, set
English on top of the language list; no effect, TeXworks won't switch
back from French to English.

I tried throwing away ~/Library/TeXworks and ~/Library/Preferences/
org.tug.TeXworks.plist, and even starting a new session for good
measure. That didn't work: TeXworks insists on being all in French!

Bruno