[texworks] Some problems I have

Jonathan Kew jonathan at jfkew.plus.com
Thu Oct 16 11:47:27 CEST 2008

On 16 Oct 2008, at 10:31 AM, Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Peter Wüsten wrote:
>> Alain Delmotte wrote:
>>> - spellchecking crashes the system
>
> About spellchecking, I am on linux and I had to add a symlink
>
>   /usr/share/myspell/dicts -> /usr/share/myspell
>
> before the spelling dictionaries could be found.

There are two issues here, I think: the crashes, which seem to be
dependent on the Qt library version, and the dictionary location(s).
If TW can't find any dictionaries, it simply won't offer any spell-
check languages -- and so the crash won't happen. :)

> I am not
> sure this is a bug because hunspell is not really part of my
> distribution (mandriva) so it could just be a misconfiration
> in the rpms.  Just FYI.

I guess the main problem is that TeXworks currently has a single path
for the dictionaries, set at compile time, but that's not flexible
enough to deal with the various places they might be installed.

This will be improved at some point; I am aware that it's currently
just a quick hack!

JK