[texworks] Compiling TeXWorks on MacOSX

Jonathan Kew jfkthame at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 2 08:36:35 CEST 2008

On 2 Oct 2008, at 4:12 AM, Victor Ivrii wrote:

> I am trying to compile TeXWorks on MacOSX 104.11 (intel)
>
> I compiled Qt-4.4.2 (had 4.3 before)
> recompiled Poppler 0.93 (RC2) with --enable-qt4
>
> and compiled hunspell
>
> but after a compilation I got an error
>
> QDialog::sizeHint() const
> typeinfo for QDialog
> qRegisterResourceData(int, unsigned char const*, unsigned char const*,
> unsigned char const*)
> qUnregisterResourceData(int, unsigned char const*, unsigned char
> const*, unsigned char const*)
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> lipo: can't open input file: /var/tmp//ccD6zFqs.out (No such file or
> directory)
> make: *** [TeXworks.app/Contents/MacOS/TeXworks] Error 1

make? Are you trying to build using a Makefile, rather than an Xcode
project? I haven't attempted that.

The other question is whether the libraries you've built are fat
binaries. The Qt project for TeXworks is set up to generate a fat
(dual-architecture) application, but this will fail if you compiled
the libraries as single-architecture. See the recent thread
"fontconfig issues" with Stephen Moye; might be similar issues.

JK