[texworks] Another suggestion

Joseph Wright joseph.wright at morningstar2.co.uk
Wed Oct 1 16:53:22 CEST 2008

Alain Delmotte wrote:
> It could be interesting to have shortcuts for compiling makeindex and
> bibtex along with Ctrl+T for compiling either pdftex, or pdflatex,
> xetex, xelatex, context, xecontext which are on the (La)TeX side.

I would suggest something like the latest WinEdt idea.  There, you can
set up a "build" cycle to your own spec, so say 3 pdflatex runs along
with one bibtex and one makeindex.

> But of course, keeping the interface uncrowded is important like
> Reinhart Kotucha explained.

Perhaps latexmk is the best plan, at least for LaTeX users.  ConTeXt
deals with things on its own anyway, and plain people tend to keep close
control of what happens.

> (Note: it is possible to use TeXnicCenter without any toolbars just like
> notepad, see Tools/Customize; the same with TeXworks)

I think most apps have this as an option.  It is just that it is easier
to go with whatever is provided than spend ages altering it.
--
Joseph Wright