[texworks] What is your system?

Martti Nikunen martti.nikunen at helsinki.fi
Tue Sep 30 09:38:14 CEST 2008

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 08:23:05AM +0200, Jérome Laurens wrote:
> Hi,
>
> let me launch a first poll on the list, in order to have a first
> snapshot about TeXWorks users geography.
> Of course, it will have limited significance but it has some interest
> though.
>
> So what is your system, and your working tools?

I work as the 'computer guy' at the department of Mathematics and Statistics
of the university of Helsinki, Finland. I do not use much TeX myself
nowadays, but I install TeX programs and help people in their typesetting
problems. The department has Windows computers with MiKTeX and TeXmaker (or
Winedt), Macs with TeXshop and Linux computers with Kile and Emacs. TeXWorks
looks very promising and I'm going to use it in new installations. I asked
about using Enchant in spell checking, because with it one could get a good
spell checking of Finnish.

Martti Nikunen