[texworks] fontconfig issues

Jonathan Kew jonathan at jfkew.plus.com
Fri Sep 26 21:11:55 CEST 2008

On 26 Sep 2008, at 8:04 PM, Stephen Moye wrote:

>> (2) Re-do your hunspell build, setting an appropriate environment
>> for the configure script so that it builds a Universal library.
>> What options would that require? Sorry, I don't remember offhand!
>> Something along the lines of
>>
>>   CC='gcc -arch ppc -arch i386' CXX='g++ -arch ppc -arch i386' ./
>> configure
>>
>> might do it, but there may be additional variables you have to
>> adjust as well.
>
> Good guesses! Of the two options that you recommend, my vote would
> be for the second, particularly as I work on both kinds of machines.
> I tried to recompile hunspell as you suggested, but got this:
>
> ---------------------
>
> 14:52 ~/<2>hunspell-1.2.7: ./configure CC='gcc -arch ppc -arch i386'
> CXX='g++ -arch ppc -arch i386' checking build system type...
[....]
> checking how to run the C preprocessor... /lib/cpp
> configure: error: C preprocessor "/lib/cpp" fails sanity check

OK, try adding

   CPP='gcc -E' CXXCPP='g++ -E'

and see if that helps.

Oh, I notice you gave these as arguments *following* the ./configure
command; I'm not sure if that has the same effect as setting them
*before* ./configure on the command line, which is how I'd normally do
it. Maybe the result is the same either way.

JK