[texworks] For localization

Jérome Laurens jerome.laurens at u-bourgogne.fr
Fri Sep 26 08:06:38 CEST 2008

On 25 sept. 08, at 18:50, Jonathan Kew wrote:

> On 25 Sep 2008, at 5:39 PM, Jérome Laurens wrote:

>>> You'll need the complete source release in order to create the .ts
>>> file, I believe; the lupdate tool (or Qt Linguist) will look at
>>> every source file the .pro refers to. So I'd recommend installing
>>> a subversion client (eg. TortoiseSVN) and checking-out a complete
>>> copy.
>>>
>>> If you still have trouble creating the .ts file, let me know and
>>> I'll create one for you here.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> JK
>>>

>> Alain, maybe you can record what he did into some kind of
>> localization howto that Jonathan can put in the project site.
>
> There is a bit of information at <http://code.google.com/p/texworks/wiki/Translating
> >; however, this probably needs some additional detail. (I notice
> that it doesn't make it clear that you need the complete source tree
> in order to create a new .ts file, for example.)
>
> JK

I was thinking of problems more specific to the language, for example
widgets or panels that must be resized because the translation is
longer than the original text.
And also all kind of automation tool, like for example google
translation pages which is a good starting point.
This information is of great value when it comes to maintain the
translation.