[texworks] new snapshots

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at me.com
Wed Sep 24 17:02:42 CEST 2008

Le 24 sept. 08 à 16:04, Jonathan Kew a écrit :

> I have just posted new Mac and Windows snapshots from svn rev.167.
> This build includes configurable syntax-coloring, as well as a new
> "auto-indent" option in the editor (thanks for the suggestion, Will;
> don't worry, it's not turned on by default, Bruno!).

Thanks! I am currently working on a grant report in Word (alas...),
and that means fighting most of the day against Word's stubbornness
into selecting whole words and adjoining punctuation when I'm trying
to select just a few characters to edit them only, turning in-text
fractions (like 1/2) into small fractions, etc.

Eventually I had to give up and converted (which of course meant a
fair share of manual adjustments) the report to OpenOffice[*] and
Pages so that I can actually work on it (using BootCamp to boot in
Vista and use the Windows version of Word 2007, more powerful than the
Mac version of Word 2008, helped a bit but not that much).
Unfortunately, this also means that I'll have eventually to convert
back to Word before sending my contribution back to the grant
coordinator.

I've nothing against auto-indent in itself (which is pretty convenient
most of the time), but because of such Word experiences, and similar
past experiences with Alpha, talks of automatic formatting feels to me
like waving a red flag.

Bruno

[*] At last the just released 3.0rc2 Mac Aqua version seems stable and
convenient enough for daily use.