[texworks] Early thoughts

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at me.com
Mon Sep 22 07:50:39 CEST 2008

Le 21 sept. 08 à 16:19, Will Robertson a écrit :

> On 21/09/2008, at 5:54 PM, Jérome Laurens wrote:
>
>> But a concrete implementation of per document prefs requires some
>> serious thoughts.
>
> I don't really think this is necessary.

I agree with Jérôme here: document settings are one of the things I
miss much, coming from Textures, in TeXShop and TeXworks.

By document settings I mean window size and place on screen, font
name, size and encoding in source, page and magnification in preview,
position of the page in the preview window, engine choice, printer
settings, and so forth.

> Users don't transition often enough between editors to warrant the
> time spent to do this in a formal and rigourous manner.

I think Jérôme meant that, given the cross-platform nature of
TeXworks, a Mac-only solution, which would have been resource-based in
Mac OS Classic and would be bundle-based in Mac OS X, can't be used.

It's a pity the TeX bundle project (ie devise a bundle format for TeX
documents on the Mac) never took off and had to be cancelled owing to
lack of developer's interest (apart from Gerben and Jérôme). But I
seem to be the only one to regret this...

Bruno Voisin