[texworks] Command Completion

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Sep 17 16:22:35 CEST 2008

On Sep 17, 2008, at 9:02 AM, Jonathan Kew wrote:

> Currently, Cmd-Escape jumps to the next bullet, though I am
> intending to change this; I'm thinking that TAB (forward) and Shift-
> TAB (backward) would be more natural. These would apply only within
> the scope of the current completion text; otherwise, TAB would
> simply insert a tab character.

Howdy,

I didn't realize that it was already built into TeXworks. Nice to know.

>> Finally, another enhancement that would work cross platform is to
>> include latexmk and typesetting ``engines'' so that bibliography
>> and index generation cross references, etc., are automatically
>> generated.
>
> Is latexmk part of TeX Live or other major distributions? (If not,
> should it be?)
>
> JK

I believe a old version (3.07a) is on CTAN but it has been much
improved and is up to version (3.21j). You can get it from <http://www.phys.psu.edu/~collins/software/latexmk/versions.html
with TeXShop along with the distribution at <http://homepage.mac.com/herbs2
 > packaged as Latexmk321jTeXShop218.zip. The shell scripts are used
for automating pdftricks and pst-pdf processing and the engines, etc.,
for that processing can, of course, be left out. Of course the .engine
files are also shell scripts and I don't know how Windows users deal
with that.

Right now I've added the path to the TeXShop engine files to the
TeXworks path list and created TeXworks typesetting wngines that
simply call the engine files. Seems to work fine on the Mac. May need
revision for other systems, but the idea is there.

I'm just trying to generate ideas for possible later implementation.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest.com)