[texworks] new snapshots for Windows and Mac

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at me.com
Wed Sep 3 12:06:18 CEST 2008

Le 23 août 08 à 19:44, Jonathan Kew a écrit :

> Once again, there are new snapshots (svn r.132) available on http://code.google.com/p/texworks/downloads/list
>  for the Mac OS X and Win32 platforms. The most visible change this
> time is support for simple brace-matching in the editor.

Something else with this release: Mac-style line endings (CR, as
opposed to LF for Linux and CR+LF for Windows) don't seem to be
understood. It's possible I had never attempted before to open a file
with Mac-style line endings, but in any case I hadn't noticed this
problem before.

Also, there seems to be some problem with caching: if I take a file
with Mac-style line endings, open it in TeXworks, see line endings are
mixed up, close the file (without closing TeXworks), change the line
endings to Unix-style in another application, save the change, reopen
the file in TeXworks, then the line endings are still mixed up; if now
I close TeXworks, and reopen the file with it, then the line endings
are all correct.

Thus my impression is that changes made to a file in another
application (checking, of course, that the changes have duly been
saved) are not taken into account by TeXworks until the current
TeXworks "session" has been terminated and a new session reopened.

It may be a Mac-specific problem, due to the way Mac apps work: when
you close a document window, that does not close the application in
which this document has been opened, contrary to Windows I think; you
need to explicitly close (or quit, in Mac parlance) this application.

Bruno Voisin