[texworks] Some (simple) questions

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Aug 30 22:30:39 CEST 2008

On Aug 30, 2008, at 3:18 AM, Joseph Wright wrote:

> 3) When compiling with, for example, pstricks enabled, pdf output is
> not
> a possibility.  So I'd usually use auto-pst-pdf to get things working
> nicely.  However, that needs write18 support enabled, which I don't
> like
> having on all of the time.  A graphical switch might be handy for
> this.

Howdy,

I've been able to adapt the TeXShop related latexmk engines (which
include one to do pst-pdf) to TeXworks use on the Mac. I'm not sure
how one would do it on other systems but you can get the TeXShop
versions of the engine files, etc., as Latexmk321jTeXShop.zip (there's
also a version to allow synchronization with TeX Live 2008,
Latexmk321jTeXShop218.zip) from <http://homepage.mac.com/herbs2>.

Don't know if that helps.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz