[texshop] Some source code

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at icloud.com
Wed Sep 4 10:46:23 CEST 2019

> On 4 Sep 2019, at 00:24, Richard Koch <koch at math.uoregon.edu> wrote:
>
> I've just put the full source code for this sample on my site, and you can get it via
>
> 	https://pages.uoregon.edu/koch/NSTaskTest.zip
>
> Reading the sample will show exactly what I changed in TeXShop 4.34, and why.

Hi Dick,

Not that it matters, but regarding the two dead links you mention, I tried on the WayBack Machine, to see what came out.

For "NSTasks, NSPipes, and deadlocks when reading...", there's

http://web.archive.org/web/20070504191202/http://dev.notoptimal.net/2007/04/nstasks-nspipes-and-deadlocks-when.html

And for "NSTask stealth bug in readDataOfLength!! :(", there's

http://web.archive.org/web/20110401112327/http://www.cocoabuilder.com/archive/cocoa/173348-nstask-stealth-bug-in-readdataoflength.html#173647

So it seems the authors are Juan I. Leon and Chris Suter, respectively. Maybe the explanations on those original pages can help, I don't know.

Other than that, unfortunately the programming issues are way above my head, so I can just look and be amazed by what I read.

Bruno