[texshop] TeXShop 4.43

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Oct 17 16:41:27 CEST 2019

> On Oct 17, 2019, at 8:52 AM, Bruno Voisin via texshop <texshop at tug.org> wrote:
>
>> Le 17 oct. 2019 à 15:36, Richard Koch <koch at math.uoregon.edu> a écrit :
>>
>> Version 4.43 is available via the Sparkle update mechanism and at
>>
>> 	https://pages.uoregon.edu/koch/texshop/texshop.html
>>
>> There is only one change, for users of Apple's Find Bar.
>
> Very cool!
>
> I am one of the users of Apple's Find Bar. It has everything an average user can possibly need, is unobtrusive and not too busy; in other words, it feels very Mac. When I need some grep capability (very limited, given my knowledge of grep), I usually switch to BBEdit.
>
> One thing I especially like in the changed bar in version 4.43 is that it gives the number of found occurrences of the search request. I got used to seeing that (probably from TextEdit) and was surprised to not see it in TeXShop, but never took the time to investigate. Glad Louis M. Guenin took this time!
>
> Bruno

Howdy,

Because of problems using the OgreKit find panel with Dark Mode (if regex is enabled) I've pretty much switched to the Apple find Bar. There is a minimal clicky regex-like interface that you can find under the magnifying glass (Ctl-Opt-Cmd-P).

What I miss is the ability to do a search in the Console Window which I was able to do with OgreKit. There also seems to be a few more Find menu options and keyboard shortcuts in TextEdit.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)