[texshop] TeXShop 4.22

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at icloud.com
Sun Jan 6 17:44:03 CET 2019

> Le 6 Jan 2019 à 16:58, Richard Koch <koch at uoregon.edu> a écrit :
>
> This is a VERY DELIBERATE change. Please use the abort button instead. You already have an editor and a button to take you to that editor.
>
> The edit mechanism you miss was implemented with Appletalk run in the shell. Appletalk in Mojave has security restrictions we all know about, and I have some suspicions that it was related to the bug. So I removed it from this spot.

Dick,

Thanks for pointing out the solution. I had never paid attention to what was at the top of the Console, actually, being so used to the standard TeX interaction keys "e", "s", "x", etc.

This morning when experiencing the problem I looked at the top right of the Console, noticed the Abort button and used it. But I didn't even think to look at the top left. My bad!

So it will now be the Goto error button, or Cmd-Ctrl-E at the keyboard.

I must have missed the announcement of the change. As for AppleTalk communication, I imagine that's related to the system pref Security & Privacy > Privacy > Automation. I had seen that pref, but never really understood what this was about.

Bruno