[texshop] Missing memory

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at icloud.com
Mon Feb 18 09:04:28 CET 2019

> Le 18 Feb 2019 à 07:44, Justin C. Walker <justin at me.com> a écrit :
>
> I have misplaced the trick in TeXShop to get “automatic” braces, in math mode, when a “_” or “^” is typed.

Not sure what you mean. Could you be more specific? Do you mean you type say "$a_" and TeXShop automatically adds "{}" after the "_", inserting the pointer between the "{" and the "}"?

Just to be sure I tried to check "Editor Can Add Brackets" in TeXShop's editor prefs, but that doesn't seem to have any effect in this respect.

That said, I'm probably not the best person to talk about this, as I generally don't use any automatic stuff and have disabled them both at the OS level (System Prefs > Keyboard > Text) and in apps (Pages, Word, TeXShop, etc.).

Bruno