[texshop] Filling in \cite()

Justin C. Walker justin at me.com
Sun Oct 7 06:27:25 CEST 2018

Hi, All,

I seem to be the first one to take the leap.  I hope there’s someone here to listen :-}

I’m using TeXShop 4.12 and macOS 10.13.6.

The following behavior seems to be new:

I type “…\cite{}”, then type the first part of what I know to be a cite-key in my bibtex database.  Then I hit F5.

The first time I do this, it works fine.  I get (among others) the proper citation.

If I later do this a second (separate) time, I get a list, but my cite-key is not shown.

Is this new?  A result of a rapidly-failing memory?  Something even worse?

Thanks, as always!

Justin

--
Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon at Large