[texshop] TeXShop 4.19

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at icloud.com
Sat Dec 8 09:31:14 CET 2018

> Le 7 déc. 2018 à 20:09, Richard Koch <koch at uoregon.edu> a écrit :
>
> TeXShop 4.19 is available via the Sparkle update mechanism and from my website
>
> 	http://pages.uoregon.edu/koch/texshop/texshop.html

Two remarks on the update mechanism only:

- This time the benefit of delta updates is visible, as the update is quite fast (a few seconds say).

- This time too, I let TeXShop proceed automatically without intervening. Namely, I did not try to select Check for Updates in the TeXShop menu; instead I just sat and observed quietly, after starting TeXShop, Check for Updates be dimmed (ie gray) first, then become black after these few seconds (corresponding to the end of the update process).

So it seems when you do that, namely let TeXShop update itself automatically, authentication is not asked for. (On a preceding update, I had checked "Keep TeXShop up-to-date automatically" -- I don't remember the exact wording -- in the Sparkle dialog.)

Or maybe this is because it is a delta update, affecting only the content of TeXShop.app without modifying /Applications/TeX, not a complete replacement of TeXShop.app which does modify /Applications/TeX hence requires authentication?

That's it, I won't be using TeXShop otherwise for the moment.

Bruno