European Modern Fonts from Y&Y

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sun Oct 9 00:29:31 CEST 2022

    https://github.com/clerkma/yytex/tree/master/fonts/em

FYI, we originally released the Y&Y files at
  https://code.google.com/archive/p/yytex/
which was a favored repo site in 2007 :). Clerk copied them from there.
I presume the EM font files are identical, but haven't checked.

    not among the fonts Y&Y had donated when it went out of business.

FYI, nothing TeXnical that Y&Y had the rights to was held back from the
donation.  I.e., Y&Y gave us disk images of their development machine.
(Thanks again to Blenda Horn for doing this.)

    Is there a reason the legal situation with these fonts might be more
    complicated than it appeared to be in 2007,

Not that I know of.

    or is the situation that anybody could have put together a European
    Modern package and submitted it to CTAN at any time in the past
    fifteen years, but no one ever did?

I believe that is the case, yes. --all the best, karl.