requesting tugboat articles

Mike Marchywka marchywka at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 2 14:29:24 CEST 2022

I'm not ready to write up anything but looking for competing packages
to things I have been doing to decide on context of any later submissions.
I've talked about "TooBib" at great length and that effort provides two
basic functions: 1) discovering bibtex entries associated with a given
URL, and 2) adding document specific query strings to URL's in a bibliography
to allow a server to identify the source of any interest when a reader clicks
on an item.  Zotero seems to be the popular approach for this kind of thing.
TooBib is more focused on bibtex discovery and a simple command line interface.

I have also run into a lot of cases of trying to make Tex tables
from csv files. This sounds simple but getting all the details automated
may be involved. In my c++ code, I had been using a lot of "vector of vectors"
and created a sort of spread sheet with variable line lengths that I
call a ragged table. So, I ended up writing some utilities to manipulate csv
files via these data structures and output them as tex tables.
If I keep at it, I will probably have a command line version of Excel lol.
So, I started down a path that looks like I'm making a virtual machine
or op-code interpreter similar to dvi but for operations on
spreadsheets :)  Curious if this general set of things relates
to anything someone may have done with existing stuff.

Thanks.

 Mike Marchywka
44 Crosscreek Trail
Jasper GA 30143
was 306 Charles Cox Drive  Canton, GA 30115
470-758-0799
404-788-1216