latex and mathematica, - can you export mathematica into latex docs easily?

Mike Marchywka marchywka at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 24 15:01:50 CET 2022

On Thu, Nov 24, 2022 at 12:20:41PM +0000, David Carlisle wrote:
>    You may be able to do the calculations within (lua)latex without requiring an external system such as mathematica (or R
>    which is probably more commonly used with latex). You haven't really said what calculations you have in mind. See for
>    example
>    [https://ctan.org/pkg/luacas]https://ctan.org/pkg/luacas

Thanks.
That looks ok but does not appear to do matrix stuff.
However, I have another manuscript that has just one or maybe
two simple graphs that right now I generate in R and those
would make more sense to just do in-line. Sometimes however
I throw in a lot of detail and want output in SVG.
In the past I'd played around with some FEM libraries
and that came with all kinds of numerical packages. I guess eventually
I could use some home made c++ to interface to that stuff
and then end up with all kinds of cool latex output.
Right now however I just need a handfull of idiosyncratic
statements- again like a rotation matrix - and ability to combine
them and output latex.
Similar to luacas, I did everything with trees but then realized
a sum of terms or generalized expression polynomial made more
sense for simplification etc.

--

mike marchywka
306 charles cox