citing CTAN packages - neither TooBib nor Zotero could come up with more than a title :)

Mike Marchywka marchywka at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 25 12:46:30 CET 2022

On Fri, Mar 25, 2022 at 09:57:09AM +0100, Ulrike Fischer wrote:
> Am Fri, 25 Mar 2022 04:01:31 -0400 schrieb Mike Marchywka:
>
> >>    JSON:
> >>    [https://ctan.org/json/2.0/pkg/mol2chemfig]https://ctan.org/json/2.0/pkg/mol2chemfig
> >>    XML:
> >>    [https://ctan.org/xml/2.0/pkg/mol2chemfig]https://ctan.org/xml/2.0/pkg/mol2chemfig
> >>    are probably what you are looking for?
> >
> > Thanks, how did you find them ?  I did not see any links right away although I
> > did not search real long. It will take some code to accomodate but
> > the info looks liek it is there.
>
> There is a lua script ctanbib from Michal Hoftich which creates a
> bib from a ctan entry:
>
> C:>  ctanbib mol2chemfig
> @manual{mol2chemfig,
> title = {The Mol2chemfig package},
> subtitle = {Convert chemical structures from MDL molfile format
>            to chemfig source code},
> author = {Palmer, Michael},

It looked like the json had an author code or something.
I take it this package goes and get a bunch of things.

> url = {http://chimpsky.uwaterloo.ca/mol2chemfig/index},
> urldate = {2022-03-25},
> date = {},
> version = {1.5},
> }

Wouldn't it be just as easy to put this on the web page
and embedded in the documentation PDF?
There can be a problem with entries  that aren't known
when needed but still...

--

mike marchywka
306 charles cox