citing CTAN packages - neither TooBib nor Zotero could come up with more than a title :)

David Carlisle d.p.carlisle at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 09:10:56 CET 2022

On Fri, 25 Mar 2022 at 08:02, Mike Marchywka <marchywka at hotmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 25, 2022 at 07:40:32AM +0000, David Carlisle wrote:
> >    On Fri, 25 Mar 2022 at 00:30, Mike Marchywka <[mailto:
> marchywka at hotmail.com]marchywka at hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >      I'm putting together another set of notes and wanted
> >      to credit mol2chemfig,
> >      [https://ctan.org/pkg/mol2chemfig]https://ctan.org/pkg/mol2chemfig
> >      for some of the illustrations. Both TooBib and Zotero
> >      just returned basically a title but
> >      yet there is authoer and version and date
> >      info there and in the PDF documentation file.
> >      Is there no interest in making it easy to
> >      credit this work by making this machine readable?
> >
> >    JSON:
> >    [
> https://ctan.org/json/2.0/pkg/mol2chemfig]https://ctan.org/json/2.0/pkg/mol2chemfig
> >    XML:
> >    [
> https://ctan.org/xml/2.0/pkg/mol2chemfig]https://ctan.org/xml/2.0/pkg/mol2chemfig
> >    are probably what you are looking for?
>
> Thanks, how did you find them ?

I've been using ctan since before it was called ctan, anyone who uploads
packages there is aware that there is a database/catalogue of entries with
information about the upload. The public query interface changes over the
years (I don't think I have used that json endpoint before:-) but that's
just details:-)

see here for information on the structure returned:

https://ctan.org/help/json/2.0/pkg

I did not see any links right away although I