fail to install texlive

Philip Taylor (Hellenic Institute) P.Taylor at Hellenic-Institute.Uk
Sat Jun 18 15:22:57 CEST 2022

On 18/06/2022 08:31, Nur Asikin wrote:
> Hi,
> I am Nur Asikin, a newbie. I would like to learn and use Latex.
> I read that Texlive would be a good choice. I use windows 10 on a laptop.
> As suggested, I install from the internet. I didn't expect it. It was
> a big installation, more than 7gig and took 12 hours,
> installing/downloading everything that I don't need. And there seem to
> be a problem, a failure or incomplete installation (mirror from
> unpad.ac.id <http://unpad.ac.id>) as indicated in the log below:
[snip]
> running path adjustment actions
> Warning: conflicting [pdf]tex program found on the system path in
> C:\Program Files\MiKTeX 2.9\miktex\bin\x64\; not fixable in user mode.

This would suggest that you have previously installed MikTeX.

[snip]

> [install-tl-windows.bat
> Installing to: C:/texliv2/2022
> Undefined subroutine &TeXLive::TLUtils::expand_tilde called at
> C:/texlive/2022/install-tl line 1014, <STDIN> line 477.]
>
> What did I do wrong? What should I do to install Texlive properly? Can
> I use Texlive on Win10?

Although I do not use Windows 10 myself (I prefer to stick with Windows
7), I am /certain/ that if TeX Live could /not/ be installed on Windows
10 we would have heard about this many times over.  As we have not, I
think it safe to assume that TeX Live /can/ be installed on Windows 10.
Those more expert than I will have to address your "What did I do wrong ?".

--
/Philip Taylor/