Tex code in TUG page

Philip Taylor (Hellenic Institute) P.Taylor at Hellenic-Institute.Uk
Fri Jul 22 09:45:45 CEST 2022

On 21/07/2022 20:03, Kaveh wrote:

> Why are we forced to read TeX code in the TUG program page:
> https://tug.org/tug2022/program.html

That was exactly my reaction when I first read the page — to find
constructs such as "in a world of 21st-century technologies\Dash where
interactive displays" just smacks of amateurism.  I realise that those
responsible for preparing the web page are probably more experienced in
TeX than in HTML, but if they did not know how to represent a "\Dash" in
HTML then they should either have sought advice or else converted the
TeX to PDF and presented the page as a PDF.  My Eur 0,02.

--
/Philip Taylor/