Options for pairing Concrete Roman with a .ttf font

Boris Veytsman borisv at lk.net
Sun Sep 19 01:24:54 CEST 2021

KB> Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2021 16:36:42 -0600
KB> From: Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org>

>>> It looks like fontspec wants all fonts to be in TU encoding

KB> This seems like a compatibility bug in fontspec. Or somewhere.
KB> Since it worked in previous years. Just because all ttf/otf fonts are
KB> expected to be in TU, no reason to force that on other fonts. Not that
KB> it's anything I'm going to investigate or report :(. -k

Yes.  Looks like fontspec globally sets font encoding - something it
did not before.  Here seems to be the culprit in fontspec-xetex.sty:

\RequirePackage[\g_fontspec_encoding_tl]{fontenc}

--
Good luck

-Boris

There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX.
We don't believe this to be a coincidence.
		-- Jeremy S. Anderson