making bibtex easy to find - TUG vs IJVSBT for example lol

Mike Marchywka marchywka at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 20 01:52:44 CEST 2021

Here is a link that turns up  on google scholar,

https://www.ijvsbt.org/index.php/journal/article/download/1386/1058

It has a doi in it but a scraper would be hard pressed to find it. Zotero did
not find it and I did not find it. It turns out however, that the url
can be modified to find the bibtex but this is harder with a local file
and no URL info. I got my code to work as another special
case. However, it would be nice if there was some simplicity and
uniformity to the process especially for works with no DOI.

What objections would there be to just including machine readable
citation info in a PDF file? Absent that, a domain specific document
number and look up facility? lol.

% mjmhandler: toobib guessijvsbt<-guessijvsbt<-handleadhochtml<-citation
% date 2021-10-19:19:39:12 Tue Oct 19 19:39:12 EDT 2021
% srcurl: https://www.ijvsbt.org/index.php/journal/article/view/1386 https://www.ijvsbt.org/index.php/journal/article/download/1386/1058
% citeurl: https://www.ijvsbt.org/index.php/journal/article/view/1386
@article{ClinicalManagementHypothyroidismGunajitPubaleem2021,
X_TooBib = {publisher: ReWriteParse be.get(s)= be.get(dest)=},
abstract_html_url = {https://www.ijvsbt.org/index.php/journal/article/view/1386},
author = {Gunajit Das and Pubaleem Deka and Kongkon Jyoti Dutta},
author_institution = {Department of Veterinary Medicine, Lakhimpur College of Veterinary Science, Assam Agricultural University, Joyhing, Assam, India and Department of Veterinary Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine, College of Veterinary Science, Assam Agricultural University, Khanapara, Assam, India and Department of Veterinary Pathology, Lakhimpur College of Veterinary Science, Assam Agricultural University, Joyhing, Assam, India},
date = {2021/01/25},
day = {25},
doi = {10.21887/ijvsbt.17.1.24},
firstpage = {91},
issn = {2395-1176},
issue = {01},
journal = {THE INDIAN JOURNAL OF VETERINARY SCIENCES AND BIOTECHNOLOGY},
journal_abbrev = {IJ Vet Sci \& Bio},
journal_title = {THE INDIAN JOURNAL OF VETERINARY SCIENCES AND BIOTECHNOLOGY},
keywords = {.},
language = {en},
lastpage = {92},
month = {01},
pagetitle = {Clinical Management of Hypothyroidism Associated Dermatological Signs in a Labrador: A Case Report | THE INDIAN JOURNAL OF VETERINARY SCIENCES AND BIOTECHNOLOGY},
pdf_url = {https://www.ijvsbt.org/index.php/journal/article/download/1386/1058},
title = {Clinical Management of Hypothyroidism Associated Dermatological Signs in a Labrador: A Case Report},
volume = {17},
year = {2021},
url={https://www.ijvsbt.org/index.php/journal/article/download/1386/1058},
srcurl={https://www.ijvsbt.org/index.php/journal/article/download/1386/1058},