tugboat articles please

Mike Marchywka marchywka at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 13 00:33:08 CEST 2021

Thanks. I'm not sure what you mean by " pdf attachment" and maybe tried to
relate the distinct topics I put in my post. The url thing was just a distraction
but my quesiton concerns including information in a compiled latex document,
typically pdf, so that someone wishing to cite the document could extract
bibtex the document as much as is practical.  When I  release  a technical
report draft  for example,  there is usually a print suggested bibtex in an appendix
and similar information in the extended information.  I'm using
a suggested bibtex I picked from a random website when I was just getting
started and actually do not like it at all lol but it does work. The latex
uses this thing called "mjmaddbib"  producing the extended info shown
below. It may not know what server it is on and may need to be updated
with a "retracted" status but works as a good start for another author
to use.  BomTex is a bit different in that it hopes to create
better tracking for which source documents generate traffic to other sites
( and sales ) based on clicking on links in the bibliography.

\mjmaddbib{title}{\mjmtitle}
\mjmaddbib{author}{\mjmauthor}
\mjmaddbib{type}{TECHREPORT}
\mjmaddbib{name}{marchywka-\mjmbib}
\mjmaddbib{number}{\mjmtrno}
\mjmaddbib{version}{\mjmversion}
\mjmaddbib{institution}{not institutionalized, independent }
\mjmaddbib{address}{ \mjmaddr}
\mjmaddbib{date}{\today}
\mjmaddbib{day}{\mjmbibday}
\mjmaddbib{month}{\mjmbibmo}
\mjmaddbib{year}{\mjmbibyear}
\mjmaddbib{author1email}{\mjmemail}
\mjmaddbib{contact}{\mjmemail}
\mjmaddbib{author1id}{orcid.org/0000-0001-9237-455X}
\CatchFileEdef\mjmpages{\mjmbasename.last_page}{\endlinechar=-1\relax}
% TODO FIXME add this to the skeleton text
%\mjmaddbib{pages}{ \input{\mjmbasename.last_page}}
\mjmaddbib{pages}{ \mjmpages}
\mjmaddbib{filename}{\mjmbasename}

exifutil -list fibrinogen/fibrinogen.pdf
ExifTool Version Number         : 11.75
File Name                       : fibrinogen.pdf
Directory                       : fibrinogen
File Size                       : 228 kB
File Modification Date/Time     : 2021:07:17 08:55:14-04:00
File Access Date/Time           : 2021:10:12 12:18:36-04:00
File Inode Change Date/Time     : 2021:07:17 08:55:14-04:00
File Permissions                : rw-rw-r--
File Type                       : PDF
File Type Extension             : pdf
MIME Type                       : application/pdf
PDF Version                     : 1.5
Linearized                      : No
Page Count                      : 7
Page Mode                       : UseOutlines
Author                          :
Title                           :
Subject                         :
Creator                         : LaTeX with hyperref package
Producer                        : pdfTeX-1.40.16
X-bib-title                     : xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
X-bib-author                    : Mike J Marchywka
X-bib-type                      : TECHREPORT
X-bib-name                      : marchywka-MJM-DRAFT-0.00
X-bib-number                    : MJM-DRAFT
X-bib-version                   : 0.00
X-bib-institution               : not institutionalized, independent
X-bib-address                   :  306 Charles Cox Dr, Canton GA 30115
X-bib-date                      : July 17, 2021
X-bib-day                       : 17
X-bib-month                     : 7
X-bib-year                      : 2021
X-bib-author 1email             : marchywka at hotmail.com
X-bib-contact                   : marchywka at hotmail.com
X-bib-author 1id                : orcid.org/0000-0001-9237-455X
X-bib-pages                     :  7
X-bib-filename                  : fibrinogen
X-bib-bibtex                    :  @TECHREPORT{mmarchywka-MJM-DRAFT-0.00, AUTHOR = {M.J. Marchywka}, TITLE = { xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx}, NUMBER = {MJM-DRAFT}, VERSION = {0.00July 17, 2021 NOT public NOTES },  INSTITUTION = { not institutionalized , independent}, ADDRESS = {306 Charles Cox Dr, Canton GA 30115}, NOTE = {Version 0.00, may change signficantly if less than 1.00 }, DATE = {July 17, 2021}, DAY = {17}, MONTH = {7}, YEAR = {2021}, AUTHOR1EMAIL = {marchywka at hotmail.com}, AUTHOR1ID = {orcid.org/0000-0001-9237-455X}, PAGES = { 7}, CONTACT = {marchywka at hotmail.com}, FILENAME = {fibrinogen} }
Create Date                     : 2021:07:17 08:55:14-04:00
Modify Date                     : 2021:07:17 08:55:14-04:00
Trapped                         : False
PTEX Fullbanner                 : This is pdfTeX, Version 3.14159265-2.6-1.40.16 (TeX Live 2015/Debian) kpathsea version 6.2.1

 Mike Marchywka
306 Charles Cox Drive
Canton, GA 30115
470-758-0799